Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

Warframe Tennogen Questions, Answers and Bug Reports

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kary polycounter lvl 18
We will answer your questions here as often as possible and integrate as much as we can into our documentation. Questions will also be answered on the Warframe Tennogen Forum. If you run into any bugs DESizzlingCalamari will be able to see them and we will get out fixes as soon as possible.

Your post will be directly edited with the answer, which will be written in cyan.

Replies

• polygonmonster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygonmonster polycounter lvl 8
    Can we create our normal maps? or this is just texturing on top of albedo and normals? Also, the substance shader seems to be broken, I can't figure it out how to use the tints in substance painter.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Can we create our normal maps? or this is just texturing on top of albedo and normals? Also, the substance shader seems to be broken, I can't figure it out how to use the tints in substance painter.

Using the painter shader for my last 5 or 6 piece here and it's worked consistently. Do you have it in: C:\Users\Your.Name\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\shaders\EvolutionPBR.glsl ?

Another thing we've noticed is that you sometimes have to activate it twice. Never been able to isolate why that is, but it seems to work after you click it a second time.

Normal maps: Yep edit them as you will. We've provided our base bakes for the time being. We might get our HP out at some point, but we're just getting our toes in the water for the time being
  • polygonmonster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygonmonster polycounter lvl 8
    Ohh ok, good to know, I'm also having problems trying to upload, I'm getting an error, here the screenshot. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2369025&postcount=2
  • dand3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dand3d polycounter lvl 11
    So I have a question. 
    The contests details page shows an example of a full body re-texture and a helmet re-texture.  But the contest  judging guide says that it only alt helmets will be judged.
    So my question is what exactly are we to deliver for our final presentation? A full body and helmet change (texture and model change), a body reskin/ re texture (non mesh change), or just a helmet change that matches the default texture that was displayed and available for download from the website?
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
     For the contest it is the alt helm that is being judged.  If there is a awesome reskinned body to go with it that is a bonus, not a requirement.

You must include the body in your alt helm presentation, but it can be with the original textures.  

Alt helms are mesh and textures changed.