Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female base head (planar)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BakedCookie polycounter lvl 3
So I'm trying to make a base head that I could reuse as the starting point in future projects instead of sculpting from scratch each and every time. I'm definitely gonna do some more work on the eyes but what do you guys think of it at this stage?

CZKpdtu.png

Replies

• flipside8404
    This looks great! I am also trying to learn the face plane, and I should do try the female bust next..the one thing that I noticed is the cheekbone (zygomatic bone), it seems a bit too wide (looking from the front view), also some parts looks muddy (a comment I get on my sculpt, and was told was a result of going too high on subdiv when sculpting)..I think the back of the skull (occipital bone) could be a little bit rounder..overall this looks great! makes me want to sculpt some more instead of lurking around the forums..lol

Check this thread..http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139305&page=5
  • BakedCookie
    Offline / Send Message
    BakedCookie polycounter lvl 3
    A little update on that head

@flipside8404 Yeah, I was still mucking around in high density dynamesh at that point, wasn't really too worried about muddy shapes. Now that I've retopologized I can freely switch to lover subdivision levels to get cleaner shapes. I think I've accidentally made the neck too thin atm.

ef4xiKI.png

BWmORic.png