Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Creating Custom Materials Externally

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about creating custom materials outside of Quixel Suite?

We are creating our maps in another application, and I'm looking to automate the process of setting up materials in DDO.

Replies

• Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    You can create custom materials in DDO by loading "New Material..." in DDO. (I believe that's the name of the button. :) It's among the icons in the top row of the DDO UI.) Simply specify the different maps and it'll become available in the Material browser.
  • AH-Rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As stated in the first post, I'm interested in creating custom materials OUTSIDEof Quixel Suite. I am working on a tool that bridges between several applications we are using and want to instruct DDO to create or update a custom material without having the application/Photoshop running. This I want to do any time my artist updates the material's source textures.

I would like either: A - Access at command line, or through a photoshop action to tell DDO to create or update a material; or B - Some documentation on how DDO creates its materials so that I can code a solution that creates the materials outside of Photoshop.

Why is the thread marked as answered? ...the reply didn't answer my question...
  • SaphireS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaphireS null
    Well the .xml for custom Materials/Smart Materials are located under Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Quixel SUITE/presets with the default stuff being located at the Public user. I have no idea how/where the custom material textures or references to them are saved though, at least the .xml doesn't contain any path so I guess it must be a central location or the path is somehow encoded in the ID.
  • AH-Rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that's basically where I got to. We need to know how this works before we can make a decision to pick up licenses