Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: NDO Mess Up

I feel like I've made a massive mistake that may cost me quite a bit of work, but I was wondering if there was a quick fix, or any fix to what I have done.

s0Vcl3D.png

I used NDO and went into sculpting mode, and without thinking hard enough I ended up making a duplicate of the first and didn't think it would be such an issue in the future. Now, I find myself sweating bullets since Quixel can't seem to pick up the fact that there are two of them doing nearly the same things but on different sides of the UV map.

6Vrn6KN.png

When I try to go to the NDO box, it just sort of tells me I'm in sculpt mode, asks me if I would like to return to a normal normal map and I'm stuck with something that won't read correctly outside of this program.

So, with that being said. I have tried to restart my computer, restart the program entirely, and copy and paste, but all pasting seems to do is ignore the layer I'm trying to paste into directly.

I can't merge without smashing the pre-programmed way NDO would handle the sculpt variable, and honestly it seems like I'm in a hopeless situation that I didn't think would become such an issue.

If there's anything that can be done other than restarting and not copy pasting, that would be pretty great.

Replies

• Thane-
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    I know if i make two sculpting layers in a single layer Ndo group, it doesn't seem to work correctly thereafter, even if merged together. If i delete the new layer it returns to normal and i can again modify the Ndo layer settings like contrast and depth etc.

Have you tried merging the layers together and/or just putting the two different layers into a mult-layer Ndo group?
  • Dexyn
    Weirdly? I haven't thought of making a separate group and inputting that layer into the other... I hope it works, but I have this feeling that I'll just have to bite the bullet and remake parts of it or duplicate it and make some variation, all is not lost.

Thanks Thane.