Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[HandPainted] First try making a retrofuturistic car

This is my first try making a car in blender, I imagined those retro futuristic poster with those car flying around and I wanted to model one.

Asking for feedback please, ty :)

U95F8uN.png?1

Replies

• [kaz]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [kaz] polycounter lvl 9
    Great start! Nice bold colors. Three suggestions: The orange and blue seem to be fighting each other, I recommend either making the blue lighter or the orange darker by at least 20%. The car itself feels a little cut-off, I think a nice chrome edge all the way around the bottom would help with that, and a gradient that makes the bottom edges of the orange darker. Some sort of border detail. It might also help readability to add the edges poking out from under the car of whatever mechanism is being used to keep the car above ground, like edges of magnetic disks, or rockets, or whatever else.
  • Henoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Kaz!, about the mechanism that keeps the car above the ground, I just didn't do it, I just wanted a bit of feedback before continuing.

You are right about the blue!, I'll make the change right now!.

"I think a nice chrome edge all the way around the bottom would help with that" do you mean the mechanism poking out a little with the colors, like a border between the orange and the grey/blue?

What do you think about the blue in the metallic part? and thank you for taking the time
  • [kaz]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [kaz] polycounter lvl 9
    Henoc wrote: »
    "I think a nice chrome edge all the way around the bottom would help with that" do you mean the mechanism poking out a little with the colors, like a border between the orange and the grey/blue?

I actually mean around the bottom edge of the orange but since this is a WIP, that crit may not apply after you continue on. Either way, glad I could help with the colors at least!