Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

S&W 686 Plus - Stubby

Kl
Been working on this on and off for a little while and I have just about finished off high poly. There seems to be a multitude of different variations or customization that people carry out on these little guns, that I took a little artistic license to put this together. I'm going to finish off the rest of the details, but I was interested in how people do the grips on the hammer and safety.
uDBXZfL.jpg

I think I need to work on my presentation a bit more..

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    looks sweet but way too sharp edges unless you are going for a photorealistic offline highpoly render without bake (which I would probably advise ) or for a 8k+ res target and close up shots
  • Kl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kl
    Cheers Shrike, after taken a step back and looking at the model again I can see what you mean. Typical tunnel vision, syndrome :).. I've never done a "photorealistic offline highpoly render" so I'm intrigued, got any links to get me started?

I am going to make a high poly and bake it all out, I'm not too fussed about poly-count on this model due to working with restrictions everyday and just wanted to make something pretty.