Home General Discussion

MDK/Giants: Citizen Kabuto spiritual successor - First Wonder

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
Hello,
Some great folks I worked with at Planet Moon are working on a Kickstarter project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roguerocket/first-wonder

Replies

• Denny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Denny polycounter lvl 14
    I think this is the first time I've looked at a horrible Kickstarter video and still be confident they will produce a great game. Even if those screen recordings from the editor was laughably bad, it still had the essence of the original games. I'm psyched for this.
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    Hah! I remember the original, Hope it gets funded.
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Denny wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I've looked at a horrible Kickstarter video and still be confident they will produce a great game. Even if those screen recordings from the editor was laughably bad, it still had the essence of the original games. I'm psyched for this.

Haha, yeah I wish there was some better game footage/video.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Still, I'm sold.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Eesh. That's going to be a tough sell. I mean fans are probably going to happily throw their money down (I know I am), but anyone who's not familiar with what Shiny and Planet Moon did is going to take one look at that video and close the browser window.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    giants citizen kabuto was a amazing experience to me, both the singleplayer but also the amazingly fun multiplayer! great game, and i havent really played anything like it since.
    with that said, nothing in the video showed me any reason not to just play giants instead. everything was copypasted, where in a lot of areas it could have been improved and expanded upon. feels lazy to me, and its a trend that bothers me. a lot of kickstarter is like "hey remember this game that this studio once made? fund their project to watch them redo the game again, with updated graphics"
    come on, these games could be so much more than just a hd-remake!
    nowdays we have access to amazing physics simulations, add that so that kabuto, sorry monstro really can cause some destruction to everything!
    why not procedurall level gereration and destructible environments? voxel based level building for the mercs, eh carbonauts? intersting behavior from the island inhabitants, that can cause interesting emmergent experiences?

not going to fund this, going to dream about what it could have been instead.