Home Technical Talk

Can't finish my rig in modo

juguefre
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
juguefre polycounter lvl 11
Hello,

For some reason the rig gets twisted once I place the up vector on the IK, please help.

rotations_zpssgaikf4f.jpg

IK_zpsmo8jdgwf.jpg

goal_with_values_zpsn49tgxjr.jpg

goal_zero_zpsqyfdvig7.jpg

IK_working_zps9l4o1tfh.jpg

locators_placed_zpsdznazclj.jpg

I constrain the locator from the start to the goal using "direction" and this happens all the time

chain_fucked_up_zpsy3ujb7r8.jpg

Replies

• juguefre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come on guys I really need help with this.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll probably need to set the up vector for the knee some distance ahead of the knee - not directly on top of it.
  • juguefre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Farfarer wrote: »
    You'll probably need to set the up vector for the knee some distance ahead of the knee - not directly on top of it.

Thanks for the help man, I already tried that and didn't help, what I found so far is this:

I have to manually reset to zero all values in all the joints and locators and goal and up vector........and the error become minimal when I apply the up vector but still does weird things.

NOW the thing I recently found is that my joint chain is set to rotate on the X axis but the locator I constrain using the direction option points to the goal on the Z axis......that is problably the big issue (the jiont chain rotation plane is the X but the Ik rotates on Z), I been trying to constrain leaving the X axis pointing to the goal but so far I failed.

Please help?