Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] - Item - Scarecrow Mask

Hey guys, im really interested in giving this a go! Ive had a few cool ideas, but I am going to go with creating a scarecrow mask. Here is a bit off reference:

bnFz130.jpg

Replies

• JohnHandyArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So a quick update.

I have been pretty busy with freelance work so havent done as much as I had wanted. However I have some quick WIP renders for oyu guys to see...

I started the sculpt, got some of the basic forms in. I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, and advice. Im trying to work after a full days work though so sorry if progress is a little slow.

I am trying to give a hint of the underlying forms, but also exaggerate some features proportions to give it a "not quite human" feel...

xrcEfEy.png

nIRMMJq.png

Next step is to add some more folds and more detail, then a burlap sack surface detail pass to finish it off... then obviously onto texturing. Somewhere in there I will drop it in UDK to make sure it all animates correctly without any clipping!

Excited to continue this project! :)
  • JohnHandyArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Done some testing today, When its in engine the animations cause the mask to clip a little, so I am making some tweeks to the base shapes. Updates coming soon!