Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: ticktocktober

Hey, I'm Chris and I'm just starting out with Blender and UE4. I'm mostly interested in low-poly stuff, really love the style and aesthetic of it in general, but I'm also hoping to try my hand at hand-painted textures eventually. Critiques are welcome, just bear in mind that as of 9/19/15 I've have been doing this for all of three weeks and have been teaching myself from various youtube tutorials.

Replies

• ticktocktober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very first attempt at modelling something from scratch with a photo ref:

kd07C4H.png

m3MK9tA.png

wHttX8y.png

Incidentally, also my first attempt at rendering, before I really understood anything about lighting or samples and various other bullshit. May go back and make some more flattering renders.

On Sketchfab: https://skfb.ly/GVGF
    (if anyone has advice for displaying lowpoly models on sketchfab please god help me)
  • ticktocktober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Followed pigart's tutorial for forest assets! Very pleased with the results, learned a bit more about rendering in the process. Recently been trying to do some UV unwrapping so I can try texturing the trees; it hasn't gone well. Something I have done in this file is preventing me from applying the UV test grid to the actual object, and I don't know what. No trouble in a fresh file, just this one.

aF8efNp.png