Home Unity

Skill/Ability/Spell System

Hi guys. im looking for some kind of guidance or turorials to learn how to implement a skill system for my click to move game like diablo type thing... i find low things about subject.. if someone can guide me i will appreciate.

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Thats a pretty broad subject, you should start by defining what type of "skill" you want to implement. If you're talking about a traditional rpg stat list like strength, stamina, intelligence etc... then you need to start defining how those types of things will affect elements in your game.

ex: A strength skill will boost damage with all melee weapons. So first you'd start by defining a base damage value for your weapons, then add a multiplier based on the current strength level.

If you could be more specific then i might be able to lead you in the right direction.
  • Paykoman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wt i want to said is a journal book that every time a player reach a certain level it gain a point that can spend in a skill tree so it can choose wt type of skill it will use in game, like fire/water/light just for example...

and right now i hv another big problem coding my mecanim animator to work with click to move/target enemysm since right know i cant apply damage at the correct frame of the attackanimation -.-