Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

Brodie Helmet

Hey all! I decided to work on the Brodie Helmet, aka the British Tommy. I love the idea of old combat gear in post apocalyptic settings, usually giving characters old style webgear, uniforms, and even weapons.

The plan will be to beat the thing up a fair bit; dents, a bit of bending on the rim, lots of grime and probably some selective rust. I will also be making the strap, but I haven't decided whether it will ride on the rim or if I can rig it to the jaw bone and have it hang under his chin.

Currently shaping it, trying to be as accurate as possible while contending with the rigid hair of the model so it might be a bit tall at the moment.

rW9lYbB.jpg
S6rKUwF.jpg

Edit: Some of my styling references for the damage and texture:

KfSQ1kB.jpg
I really like the edge wear on the rim and will be rivet. I also really like the bloody looking rust patches, and will probably be using some of that in areas like the inside of the rim and underneath the rivets. I definitely don't want to do this much rust on my model though, I want it to be a bit cleaner.

27gYW9i.jpg
I really like the olive colours on this. There's also some nice specular variance and light damage that I will try to incorporate.

Cheers! I look forward to seeing all the great things people come up with!