Home Dota 2

riv's workshop

riv
Hi guys ,
This is my first foray into the wilderness that is steam's workshop, i've decided to do a set for Axe partially inspired by the style of Warhammer 40k's Orks.
It has the weakness of not having an initial concept just making this as i go along.
Please leave some feedback on the style and colors

Iron_Reaver_Set.jpg

And this an early WIP of how it looks in-game (back when we still had workshop submissions)
ou5ds3.jpg

Thanks

Replies

• Andumy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andumy polygon
    Welcome to the party :D. About the set ,maybe a bit to mechanical for my taste ,knowing that Axe is a brute. The texture on the head item and the shoulder i think could've been a bit more detailed, because compared with the weapon they looks flat.
  • riv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riv
    I forgot to mention that this is still WIP, so more details will follow.
    As for Axe being a brute, that's what i wanted to emphasize with the heavy iron parts scrapped from some defeated mech :D
    Outside of his weapon that should release bursts of steam whenever he get a counter helix off it's mainly just metal, without any mechanical function
    and thanks for the crit :)
  • riv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riv
    Ok guys i worked on the set some more, although i still need to make the masks (only color and normal so far).
    Also, do you know how i can edit dota 2 animations and upload them , since axe's attack animation is bugged, i'd like to fix it for this set.
    As usual, feedback on the set is really apreciated
    JuhQL9q.jpg
  • riv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riv
    Hi Guys, with the release of the item import tools, got the set in-game, it's close to final (belt still needs propper rigging, still not completely happy with the weapon)
    Any thoughts on the concept? do you guys think this has any chance on the workshop?

NHPN1vg.jpg
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Nobody truely knows what has a chance on the workshop and what doesn't. Personally I feel its too futuristic and needs more eye catching shapes or highlights.

But since you've already done the set you might as well submit it whether it's gonna do well or not! Won't know if you don't try :P It's a good start for a first set anyway.
  • riv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riv
    Yeah, i guess i'll find out.
    You are right about it needed some more visual interest as right now it's kind of flat , thanks :)
    As for the futuristic part, i guess it's mainly the shapes, since there's nothing really futuristic in the details, probably the helmet is the most guilty of being futuristic
    I'll see what i can do, thanks for the crits
  • riv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riv
    Hey guys, i revamped the concept a bit to make it more agressive and reduce the amount of elements present on the model to make it look more cohesive, starting work on the presentation image soon.
    I haven't tried it yet, but do you know if you can import the .vmdl you compile in the item tools into the workshop to add particles to it? I'd like to try some out before submitting this
    anyway, here it is again, but this time i'll call it done.
    Thanks for the feedback
    Vva270l.jpg