Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dm7's Sketchbook

Dm7
Dm7
null
Offline / Send Message
Dm7 null
Hi, I'm Dm7. I'm just going to dump my speed paintings, doodles, and perhaps my finished works here as well if I feel it doesn't deserve its own thread. Yup, I can be that picky. Yes, I'm hard on myself. I know that. I should take it easy and just practice because after all, it's the only way to learn and improve. Right?

I'd love to hear your feedbacks. If you want my feedbacks, please feel free to poke me (on the non-spammy level please lol). I don't mind and it's only fair. :)

Alright, here's my first piece to start with. An experiment with watercolor brushes set, which I ended up using as "normal" brush for the most part. I loved the textures they gave. :D
orangeisblindingme_by_dm7-d99chy3.jpg

My thoughts of this piece: This orange is literally blinding me from being able to paint too long. Everything would become grey/blue after a while and at that point, I couldn't accurately perceive the values anymore. What an interesting illusion/adventure I experienced with it. XD

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looks pretty good, You seem to have the right attitude! as for critque I would work on defined shapes (hard edges). they dont have to be everywhere, but they should be there, esp on the focal points.

commit to your shapes and forms!