Home Technical Talk

Weird Zbrush brush issues.

swarmedia83
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
swarmedia83 polycounter lvl 9
Been having this problem for a few days now, and i'm at my wits end. Its hindered my workflow to large degree and I've found no fix/workaround outside of turning of zbrush, but it just happens again after 20-30 minutes.

The issue has to do with brush sensitivity. I have an intuos pro in case its important. So the issue is that after some time in zbrush out of nowhere my brushes each start to act irregular. I'd press gently but still get a stroke as if I hadn't. Also if i try to create a stroke starting from a soft to hard it would start hard then switch to thin line and continue in that fashion.

I've tried reinstalling zbrush, reinstallying wacom drivers, etc. Just about everything i can think of, but this persists. I've just about given up working in zbrush until I find a fix because it's disheartening to have to continually have to close zbrush just so i can work for another 20-30 minutes before i have to do it again.

Does ANYONE have any clue as to what it could be? I've also tried messing with the tablet settings and i also know of another sensitivity bug that a simple alt/tab fixes, but this isnt that.

Please im kinda desperate here, i really don't want to stop working, but this is a new level of frustrating.

Replies

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    The new place I'm working in gave me an Intuos 2 to work in Zbrush, but there are no Intuos 2 drivers for Windows 8 which is what they're using...I installed some Win7 drivers anyway, and I've experienced these same problems you're describing.

It's a silly question, but do those intuos pro drivers figure as functional in your operating system in the wacom website? Sorry I'm not much help; just wanted you to know you're not alone man..
  • swarmedia83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swarmedia83 polycounter lvl 9
    It's ok, hopefully we can find a resolution.

I've had quirks w/ the drivers. Often time i have to reset them when i start my computer. Odd thing is my sensitivity works perfect in photoshop, but this issue is persistent w/ zbrush only
  • alimux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey !

i had the same problem since the latest wacom drivers were installed.
    I downgraded the version to 6.3.13 w3.
    It works fine now.
  • CharacterCarl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharacterCarl greentooth
    alimux wrote: »
    i had the same problem since the latest wacom drivers were installed.
    I downgraded the version to 6.3.13 w3.
    It works fine now.

Thank you alimux for suggesting this. It worked for me!

I'd been having the same issue with loss of pressure sensitivity after a period of time.
    What seemed to happen more often though, was that my strokes would "fade in", similar to if I were to start very gently and then increase my pressure.

This is fixed now thanks to downgrading the drivers but I will leave these pics here so people experiencing the same issues know what I'm talking about:

rQnZjXc.jpg
    R0qxZAI.jpg
  • alimux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you're welcome, hoping Wacom solved this problem.