Home Quixel Megascans

A few character related questions

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
lildragn polycounter lvl 17
Hiya, I have a few questions that hopefully you kind folk here would be able to shed some light on;

- For my characters skin/head I paint my pre-texture first in Zbrush/Photoshop to be manipulated further later, how do I properly go about using existing diffuse maps? Right now I'm creating a custom Material with the albedo texture loaded and that's great when applied, question I have is how to do I get DDO to create a proper gloss map from this? Right now it's using the albedo map which of course doesn't look correct.

- This one is the biggie, but how do you guys get detail into the normal maps from the albedo etc?... right now I can't seem to get the normal maps to update with the information from loaded materials such as cloth/leather e.t.c, I know I'm missing something here but don't know where to look to get my answers.

Thx for any help

Replies

• lildragn
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I got the first half on the first question. You basically just create a new layer with the texture applied as normal using PS layers and the Suite handles the organization, so all that's left if generating the gloss/rough
  • lildragn
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so just in case anyone else comes across this, I found what was going wrong with everything I asked here

- First half ^ sorted, 2nd half to that 'issue' was to simply use the Dynamask editor with curvature (mostly) as your function

- Found out that the normals weren't updating because the layers in DDO (not PS layers) were set to Linear Light by default, switching those to overlay solved that... so all is good.

Cheers