Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Metroid Samus Mech

kornetic
vertex
Offline / Send Message
kornetic vertex
Hey thought I'd get your thoughts as I go along.

These two images are what I'm using as ref

079859ed7a861bd232d711b9ee730e38.jpg

metroid_samus_aran_suit_design_by_torokun.png

And this is where I'm at now.

69DVAuS.jpg

fXnY7jX.jpg

Replies

• aharmlesspie
    I am a HUGE fan of metroid. SUBBED!
  • GravityBwlast
    Offline / Send Message
    GravityBwlast interpolator
    Also huge Metroid fan here, bookmarked this thread.

I love the first concept but I would say it's impossible for Samus to be comfortable, as she would have her legs open and her feet straight constantly in this suit.
    But if you are looking for a mech-sized suit, you sure need to make it big.

I would suggest to pose the naked body in the suit and adapt the suit to it so it would be physically believable.

(You can also NOT pay any attention to what I said, because when you think about the morphball, it's the same problem. Lol)

Good job so far!
  • kornetic
    Offline / Send Message
    kornetic vertex
    Been so lazy lately, was hoping to be further by now but I guess failing my plat promos was more important. Still have to add the tubes to the mask and I kinda don't like the cannon or feet so I think I'll change them. Also thanks Gravity for the feedback, I know the Suit isn't very realistic there's no way she could actually operate it. I just try not to think about it.

dnlF4FF.jpg

JGXDDiC.jpg

V0jxi4Q.jpg

tViBbgd.jpg
  • kornetic
    Offline / Send Message
    kornetic vertex
    Another quick update been working on Samus's face and did a rough of her hair. Not sure about her knees I think they're not correct, but I kinda also like them.

GJvlTig.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Those are some big feet. She's just about getting into digitigrade territory.