Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Russell Stenberg

Hiya,

Well after about a 10 year illustration hiatus I'm trying to rebuild the habit. I'm an animator, rigger, and wanna be animation tools programmer by trade I got out of practice drawing years ago. I've done some anatomy sketching between then and now but once I got my first paid animation gig (and a family) my drawing skills pretty much took a dive. I was never great and now I'm just rough.

So I started doing a game with some buddies and it was decided to do it 2d. As one of two art guys I have to get my drawing back. I got myself a surface pro 3 and got to it.

In an attempt to get back into illustrating I gave myself a 30 day limit for this piece. I started this one month ago telling myself I was gonna post it when the 30 days were up, or I finished and then move on; 30 days came first. I tried to put some time in every day, even if it was just 20 minutes. Now it's time to move on to a different illustration take what I've learned and hope to finish the next. but I said I had to post it so here it goes...

August.jpgAugust.jpgAugust.jpg

C & C are always welcome.