Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Having trouble freezing transformation on joint information.

So, I just modeled an arm, gave it a skeleton, and of course, ensured the skeleton reflected the arm's purposed functionality. Now, when I select any given joint, there seems to be transformation information present (i.e. translate x = 4.25); even though I have selected it, and used 'Freeze transform' and even delete history.

Do you guys know what's going on here? Or how to zero out all of the transformations?

Thanks!

Replies

• Syazel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Syazel polycounter lvl 8
    What software are you using? Is there any particular reason you want to freeze translations of the joints? I don't know about other packages but in Maya you don't freeze translations on joints, they are a points in space with a given position relative to their parent, just leave them like that and it should work. You do keep rotations at zero and use the Joint Orient attribute instead to aim/rotate them if necessary (should be aiming at their child joint). Hope that helps.
  • DataDragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using maya, and thanks for the reply.

Okay, it's good to know that you don't need to freeze transform; perhaps I am a bit too OCD about these minute things.

Thanks for the advice! I wish there were a karma system or something.