Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

18th Century "Goat-man" Character W.I.P

W3ll0n
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
W3ll0n polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys!
Thought I'd start a thread that I can dump images of my progress on creating this rather interesting character.
Hopefully as I progress through the character all of you will offer your opinions, insights and encouragement.

So, to begin with I just wanted to post the original concept along with reference images and my general thoughts on how I'm going to tackle this. Also I want opinions on a couple of questions.

Texture/Materials/Pieces
My first question is; when it comes to damaged fabrics, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it? I have thought of sculpting directly on the piece, various holes and then fibermeshing strands of fabric. Does anyone have any alternative methods?

Skin details and facial forms.
I really love the crazy amount of wrinkles present in chimpanzees faces. Also their facial shapes and forms bare a resemblance to the original concept.

Replies

• W3ll0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    W3ll0n polycounter lvl 6
    Additional couple of basic reference images.

My second question is about clothing and capturing the details of the different fabrics the character is wearing.

Sculpting them into the model is an option but I think it would make the normals far too noisy. I do have my own thoughts on how to go about it but I'd like to hear/read what other people have to say.
    I was thinking of maybe trying Substance designer, so maybe I'd solve this problem within that?