Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Current WIP_Hardcore_Girl_Bust

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
moonlazer polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys here's my current WIP of a hardcore female bust. This is just a primary shape pass but detail and TLC are coming next. Just a proxy base mesh for a hair style, but will replace with cards soon. The grayed off section of her neck to chin will be comprised of tattoos to get an idea of what to expect from texturing.

Feel free to CC and as usual thanks to those that stop by.

BPR_Render3_zps9obg4jyd.jpg~original

Replies

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    you've got a lovely sense of face anatomy and detail. I think the neck is disproportionately long at the moment though. I look forward to seeing the final product :)
  • moonlazer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tectonic Yeah man, proportion wise that's always been an thing I miss. Very few females have a longer neck but from the front I always feel like it's too short. Definitely needs to be adjusted. Thanks for the feedback!
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be honest, I kind of like that neck. It ties in to the dangling lock of hair and elongates everything, visually.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I agree that it needs to be shortened a bit tho. Also I would add that from the side view the neck looks too straight and the shoulder area is not thick enough. Also the jaw line needs some work to soften that edge, but I imagine its only cause its wip. Is this supposed to be somewhat stylized? I actually like how it looks currently with a lot of the proportions, but I think the head is too thin from the front unless you are going for a stylized look that is. Very cool start tho, looking forward to seeing more!
  • moonlazer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys thanks for the visit.

@BradMyers82 Yeah man good eye. Honestly want to lean towards more realistic but I tend to pick out obvious landmarks but stress them too much.Kind of like a characiture. The result is making a lean person looking narrow lol

Yeah so this is a small update but I took everyone's CC and tweak her face and overall made her face more fuller more soft. I also blocked out the torso for the bust as well as a blocked out shirt.

I'm going to finalize the anatomy portion of the sculpt next. Making detail and subtle tweaks as I go.

As usual thanks all for stopping by. More to come soon.

WIP_zpscszosked.jpg~original

WIP_2_zpsplfvlreh.jpg~original
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    looking a lot better man!
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    Great sculpt! Going to keep an eye on this one.
  • Gevz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gevz polycounter lvl 7
    Great work so far! keep em coming!
  • moonlazer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright so I'm back!

Appreciate all the kind words everyone. Thank you. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

I overhauled the face completely and I feel tonight results are much better. I also places hair cards for her but its not 100% set in stone. I need to move around some cards to cover holes and add variation to the flow of the hair.

So to clear things up if anyone has wondered, I plan to have the shirt be a T-shirt cut about half way. Much larger size. Though I haven't sculpted and tweaked the base mesh yet.

Eyes are placeholder to clean/fix placement of anatomy and I'm still giving the face TLC before I go ham on details.

current_wip_zpsjkldmb9f.jpg~original

Thanks to anyone who stopped by thus far and see you soon! o/
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good! But I think the nose needs some work. First, the tip lacks possibly some definition. Obviously she's stylized and I believe you want to keep this round tip, but I don't feel the structure of the nose tip cartilage at all...
    I'm talking about the two symmetrical shapes you can see in blue on this drawing, called the alar cartilage:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Of course, hers is round, but you should feel this structure underneath it.
    I also think that the plane transition on the sides of the nose, between the eyes and the nostrils, is too sharp. Try to smooth that area a bit.

Keep up ! ;)
  • moonlazer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Abrvpt Hey man thanks for the tip! I still need to tweak the nose a bit but this reminder/awesome reference was much needed!

So I've been tweaking the anatomy but mostly working on the hair cards. Playing with placement and layers. Basic, basic texture work on the cards. This is just pre vis if you will in Marmoset. Vertex paint is just to get a visualization.

Honestly though may move on to a new project as this is a time sink.

Thanks all for the CC.
    WIP_2_zpsu8kifeae.jpg~original
  • Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Lucipurr ! \m/ °_° \m/
    The nose looks much better now. =)