Home Technical Talk

Maya 2016 - OpenGL Core VP Bugs

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
I'm experiencing a strange bug that makes working with OpenGL Core profile impossible. All text inside viewport simply disappears and is replaced with tiny dots (attachment 1).

The only way to work with maya 2016 - is to roll back to the standard OpenGL or DX11 mode. But in this case I get many other problems like displaying subd-cage even with cage turned off in smooth preview mode (for DX11 - attachment 2) and so on.

Anyway I can't get any benefits from new accellerated Core viewport staying within old modes. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on and how to solve it?

P.S. Surely, the PC is up-to-date, including OS and all latest drivers.
P.P.S. My teammates have exactly the same Core-viewport problems on different configurations - from desktop workstation to laptop.

Replies

• Nox
    Offline / Send Message
    Nox polycounter lvl 5
    all latest drivers
    This actually could be a source of problems.
  • pasha_sevez
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    I've just moved to Win10, so I don't think it's possible to install any legacy drivers/ Anyway, my teammates have various hardware - both nvidia and amd, with old and new versions. No one got core viewport to work properly. So I'm not sure it's something about drivers - but it's not inconceivable at the end of the day.

P.S. I thought, I've just missed some "magical" env key or registry tweak everybody knows but me )