Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Sketchfab animation supported now so.. Bismo & Plom!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
essimoon polycounter lvl 8
The Sketchfab animation feature is live now so a good opportunity to share some of the character animations for our game Shift Happens that will be released soon.
The main characters are Bismo (red) and Plom (blue) who can switch their sizes by shifting their mass between each other.

Here are some of our animations that will be found in game as well. The viewer's still in beta so especially with Bismo there are a couple of glitches which are looking fine in the game.
All of these were done by our animator Nora, who also did a lot of more animations for every possible gameplay mechanic our designers developed.

[SKETCHFAB]ca3ca69b0fdf496dac1f9a9cfb830c90[/SKETCHFAB]

[SKETCHFAB]88805f0abfae4754a70f2ded0e960f7f[/SKETCHFAB]

Tell us what you think!

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    very cool! how is the jiggle on Plom done? point cache? very distinctive
  • linwail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linwail polycounter lvl 5
    Its looking good so far. I assume the glitch at the end of Bismo's animation will be fixed
  • Minnalya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there, I'm Nora the animator of Bismo & Plom. First of all thanks for the feedback! :)

All animations are created in Maya LT: I use human IK for the basics and some additional bones on the belly and the head curl to create the jiggly feeling. I didn't use any modifiers on these animations, it's all bones only. Does that answer you question, Hito? :)

To answer your question, linwail: The sketchfab animation feature is still in beta, so there are still some issues with it. Oddly Bismo is more glitchy than Plom. This includes the glichs you pointed out as well as the animation on the belly bone not showing etc. But since it's a beta I assume it will be fixed in the future. :)
    6407b47de04edc347239806c07800f54504ee153.gif
    I added a gif of what Bismo's taunt animation looks like inside Unity for comparison :)
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
  • linwail
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    linwail polycounter lvl 5
    I love the taunt!
  • penOr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    Love how jiggly everything is!

Slightly offtopic, did you get into the animation 'beta' by filling in the form? If yes, how long did they take to respond? I'd love to show my dota animations with it
  • essimoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr wrote: »
    Love how jiggly everything is!

Slightly offtopic, did you get into the animation 'beta' by filling in the form? If yes, how long did they take to respond? I'd love to show my dota animations with it

We got in the closed beta. All the participants there were chosen and contacted by Sketchfab so I can't really answer your question. But if you feel it takes too long you could write a post in their forum, here for example. Normally they're really fast with answering:)
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Is there a best practice you've used for uploading?

Normal routes of exporting are only bringing in my rigged model into T-Pose on sketchfab.

I know from maya you aren't supposed to be baking animation so that leaves me to believe that there is something Simple I'm missing.

EDIT: Im missing being in the beta. OOPS.
  • essimoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    Is there a best practice you've used for uploading?

EDIT: Im missing being in the beta. OOPS.

Yeah, right now you need beta access :D But afaik everyone who wants to try it out can easily apply on their site. If you add some nice examples of your work I bet there'll be no problems with participating.
  • Sketchfab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sketchfab polycounter lvl 4
    Simon is right, we're adding people to the beta every day. So once you sign up you should be in the next day!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys create :)

You could even add animations to a Polycount Tower floor...!
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I signed up for the beta a few days ago and haven't had any response. Would we get an email once we are accepted into the beta or maybe I'm already in and didn't realise!