Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Turbans?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
L4TF2 polycounter lvl 2
I'm having a hard time with this turban...

sol_3_pass.png

Could use any reference on how they wrap it.

Replies

• Stinkfoot
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    I really don't think Stinkfoot's comment is helpful at all (also face turban images? why do you need to add images to the search? just search face turban and go to images tab)

The problem is not with the turban, its with the head structure underneath.
    first off - DONT model the head and turban/balaclava together. make a sick ass head and then put the cloth over it.
    lets compare your model to the image in your avatar:
    64d2fdeb82.jpg
    the main thing that I see is that the eyes are too big for the head in the front view.
    classical proportions tell us the eyes are roughly 1/5th the size of the head overall (in a front view).

I always make my eyes too big aswell :( when we know our weaknesses we can try to come up with ways to check ourselves so we get out of the habit.

Unfortunately there's other problems with your facial structure that I don't have time to go into right now but I hope you can see that what Ive demonstrated here is representative of other issues that if you address, will help you in the right direction.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Are you trying to make a Tuareg style headscarf? I'd be inclined to just use the existing Spy head as a base.

Your best bet for a fairly stylised design like you'd see in TF2 is to build it up with overlapping cylinders. Clip each one through the head so it looks like a band running right round, and then pull them about a bit so that each one overlaps in a fashion that looks at least superficially like they make up one long scarf wound around.