Home Technical Talk

Maya incredible slow

Hello everyone,

Having some problems with maya. The program has become incredible slow. Every action except translation, rotation, scale and of course zoom takes for ever.
Making an edge loops takes around 20s. Doesn't sound as much, but if you consider that I normally don't have to wait at all (well not more than a couple of milliseconds I supose) it's a long time. Bevel the same thing. This started two days ago and I have no clue what can cause it. I don't think my scene is to big for my computer since I have had alot more polys in a scene before and it hasn't been slowed down. I have SSAO and MSAA turned on in the viewport, and the highest settings on these. But I have always had these turned on so I don't understand why it should make a difference now. What I have turned on is autosave (have a 5 min save interval) and I have turned off the limited "redostack". Before I haven't had these two settings turned on.

My spec are the following:
GPU: GTX 780 SLI
CPU: 4770 3.4GHz
Mem: 16GB 1886MHz

Have the latest drivers etc. if that would make any difference. Maya is installed on an SSD.

Does anyone have an idea of whats wrong?

Replies