Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4r7: Zremesher question

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Lifelover polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys, I found this short image-based tutorial by Eternity NU on zremesher and there are some things that I cannot fully understand. As you can see in the attachment, the remeshed model and the one with 6 subdivisions are almost identical in terms of topology. How is this possible?

I tried the tutorial exactly as shown but my model got a much, much greater polygonal count on the highest subdivion level in order to be able to project all details to the fullest.. So correct me if I am wrong but has the example with the 6 divisions and low res topology example been actually baked in an external package?

Replies

• MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    The way the directions are laid out is a little unclear, but it looks like the bottom middle image is actually the zremeshed model. So i think you are looking at the wrong image.
  • Lifelover
    Offline / Send Message
    Lifelover polycounter lvl 9
    MrHobo wrote: »
    The way the directions are laid out is a little unclear, but it looks like the bottom middle image is actually the zremeshed model. So i think you are looking at the wrong image.

I think you are right, though what would be the case with the upper middle image then?
  • ysalex
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    He's just showing what his high-poly top sub-d looks like, compared to the projected version of the z-remesher mesh next to it (on the far right), so you can see that there are no projection errors happening with his method (or very few).