Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Slayer concept

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
slayer4shrk_zpsy5k5bh30.jpg

2d stuff Any crits are appreciated. Im pretty sure now that her right arm is too long though. A little late to fix that...

Replies

• gavinli
    Offline / Send Message
    gavinli polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Rockley Bonner,

Cool design :) Did you go over a traditional piece with digital touch-ups? If so, it's never too late to fix it! I'd go ahead and make that change to her arm unless you'd like it stylised.

Also if her right thigh has that convex bulge it looks like you should be able to see some of her lower leg or foot on that side.

Again if this is stylised ignore this but the ellipses on the lower leg bandages are a great way to help show perspective but at the moment it's flattened out so that could be a useful area to explore.

Nice work on it so far though and thanks for posting it up. I hope that helps :)

Best regards,

Gavin
  • Machinealias
    Hey man!

I really like the dynamic pose. It has potential. Only thing is I wish the head wasn't seeking into the chest plate. Thats just me though, keep drawing!
  • Berg
    I like the pose, i think her elongated limbs work well. Keep up the great work!
  • battleyak
    Offline / Send Message
    battleyak polycounter lvl 7
    I think the arms could use some work. The sword is on her back so her left arm should be reaching back a bit to grab it, but right now it looks like her arm is just at her side. A good way to show she is reaching back is to angle her elbow forward and bring her hand back and make it a bit smaller to show some perspective!

You have the left side of her body angled back a little bit which is a good start but I think it could be pushed a little more!

Her right arm is also just hanging out to her side, if its supposed to be touching the sword blade it needs to be pushed a bit more too. Otherwise I'm really digging the overall pose and armor :) would be cool to see some color!
  • DmitryMorozov
    Offline / Send Message
    DmitryMorozov polycounter lvl 7
    I like character's pose and his design. But little head a bit spoils the impression.