Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique

Hi everyone,

I've been working on my portfolio and would like some critique. Any advice you might have would also be appreciated.

Portfolio link: www.semajcg.com

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I think your characters need some practice. I think you have a good feeling for it just needs some study.

Cheers
  • cottonmothcrown
    It looks like you have a pretty advanced understanding of the technical side of things. Your anatomy and faces need work. Defining your forms better go along with that.

As far as the design of your reel, I thought the Title Card could use some balancing, as when I first saw it I thought part of the whole was being cut from the frame. Also in your first model, the robot man, there is an extra frame or error in sequence that pops up and makes the video jump

I think you're well on your way though and with more practice could get some great results.
    Maybe this will help for your face troubles.
    asaro_head_sculpt___model_download_by_adam_fisher-d5mlsit.jpg
  • semajnothing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, somehow I must have missed that weird frame. I'll also try reworking the title card. After looking back over it, it does look a bit haphazard.

As for the characters, I haven't actually finished a character in a while. I'll probably post a WIP of a character soon. It would probably be easier to critique the anatomy of a face that isn't half machine haha. I'll keep the picture you linked in mind when I sculpt a new face.

Most recently though, I've been working on the scenes and props so if anyone could critique those it would be appreciated.

Thanks