Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

lip sync - any notes before I render?

I'll probably be pretty hesitant to make any changes at this point (spent too much time on this already), but if any one has any small suggestions I'd love to hear em. Even if its a big change I'd still like to hear it so I can avoid making the mistake in future projects.

Thanks for watching and have a nice day!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoaaTdwaUJE[/ame]

Replies

• blinKX10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blinKX10 polycounter lvl 7
    Great work, the only main problem I can tell is that the characters mouths don't feel like they're moving. You might want to try and open the mouths more to make it more clear
  • tsuika
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tsuika polycounter lvl 2
    May I ask what program did you use for this ? Is it Maya ?
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I really like everything that's going on animation wise, great poses and facial expressions, timing is spot on. But the camera feels too static. It works, but I feel like a little more movement could add something. I'd try a a close up (to frame both faces) just before "I don't know...", and track their heads somehow through "...think about it.".

and/or for "But you'll find out... one way or the other." could be a cut to just the man from the woman's side. then cut back to the woman as she eats the cake.

The final reaction seems a tad long... I counted 7 seconds from when the man goes off screen to her eating the cake. maybe shorten that to 4 or 5? alternatively she could take more time to eat the cake, but that's a big change in the animation.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message