Home Technical Talk

Maya animation fbx export issue

I know this is probably a super basic issue, but I cannot find a solution for it.

I'm exporting out an animation into an fbx which will then be put into Unity, but the animation breaks when exported. The mesh and skeleton don't move, but the controllers all move according to the animation; this happens both IK and FK controls. I used an Orient Constrain on a single joint to a NURBS Curve controller. Export All and Export Selection have the same results.

In my export settings I have all of these checked:
Animation
Bake Animation
Deformed Models
Skins
Blend Shapes
Constraints
Skeleton Definitions

When exporting it gives me two warnings:

Skin Definition (4):
The plug-in has found the following skin definition problems :
Unable to find the bind pose for : / joint1 / joint2 / joint3 / joint4 / joint20. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / joint1 / joint8 / joint9. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / joint1 / joint12 / joint13 / joint14. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / joint1 / joint8 / joint9 / joint10 / joint11. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.

Animation curve tangent type changed to User (9):
The plug-in has changed some animation curves tangents type to User to ensure interoperability. This mode change will not affect the animation curves' values
nurbsCircle2_translateX
nurbsCircle2_translateY
nurbsCircle2_translateZ
nurbsCircle2_scaleX
nurbsCircle2_scaleY
nurbsCircle2_scaleZ
nurbsCircle2_rotateX
nurbsCircle2_rotateY
nurbsCircle2_rotateZ

I know I've had this issue before, but I cannot remember the cause or solution to it, nor can I find an answer via Google and I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

Replies