Home General Discussion

KICKSTARTER - head and neck anatomy from anatomy for sculptors

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
There's a new kickstarter from anatomy for sculptors, concentrating on head and neck anatomy that might interest people

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandiskondrats/head-and-neck-anatomy-a-book-with-3d-augmented-rea

I would consider their first book an essential read for anyone into character art, so have high hopes for this one :)

Replies

• Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Oddly enough. The head and neck is where I need the most practice on characters.

One of my coworkers (ENODMI) has the first book. It is really awesome. I need to get a copy.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I have his first book. I was very disappointed he used the heads method of anatomy measurement versus the more correct version of using bony points of the body to get anatomy proportions.

Being said, I might still kick in. The book was good otherwise.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Using bony points as proportional gauge is a new one to me. Did you have a reference? Google didn't come up with anything that looked particularly useful.

I'll throw my support behind the Anatomy for Sculptors book. It's the best anatomical reference I have. Never leaves my desk.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Only thing I'm worried about is if they emphasise too much on artists impression of facial anatomy. The more scans and paintovers the better :)