Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first Environment WIP! (hand painted) (noob)

Hey Guys!

ive been kind of just lurking around this forum and joining skype groups over the last few months, finally got some courage and am uploading a wip

So this is a new level that i'm developing for a friend im not aloud to share the details of the game as of now. He gave me a map layout and said keep the same design but change its aesthetics.

This is my first time doing any kind of environmental organic modelling.Still a Noob

Just so noone gets confused i have colour coded some stuff to separate it a bit pink is wall the orange is lanes

to do
Review feedback
add more trees!
Unwrap
Bake objs
Refine and texture assets
sculpt some detail on the rocks
put in unity
learn lighting in unity

8270914a57e3396d0c244d5b7ee15d09.png05b445c057a5d937a90092257800e966.png9ae70f6cef544ae5fc4f2915d35110d9.png

Replies

• DanielR17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanielR17 polycounter lvl 7
    Hi Grandma!
    It seems that you're using Blender?
    It's a good suite.

Well, what can we say about your work? You've blocked out the main space, good. But do you have some kinf of reference? Photos, drawings? What's the direction?
  • Grandma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man i basicly made this jsut to show progress of me doing my work! i wanted to see what people thought of my block out :)

i also use 3ds max but am more comfortable in blender atm
  • DanielR17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanielR17 polycounter lvl 7
    Ok. It's just that it's difficult to judge because I don't know what the goal is, or what quality level you want to reach, because there's no reference. I would say that your block out seems well organized and clean.
    That's all I can say for now. Maybe a perspective view could help, rather than a ortho one.