Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for WorldMachine artist - Heightmap output only!

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Zooch polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone who is interested in working with me to build a single World Machine island landscape tailored to the needs of our UE4 game, Indigenous. The landscape will need a few different biomes - ocean, beaches, plains/valleys, jungles, mountains, etc.

I don't need the textures or material setup - we're using a procedural material. I only need the heightmap output and World Machine source files.

While our landscape will have several biomes, none of this should be too complicated or difficult for someone familiar with World Machine. We won't be extremely specific on the details; we will most likely just give you a quick drawing in Paint that shows where we want the biomes and their relative size. This could be done in half a day or a full day.

The key is that we want these regions to be realistic. Several members on our team know the basics of World Machine and can generate these zones, but we're looking for a professional who has had plenty of experience. Please provide examples of your World Machine work, preferably in a game engine (since WM's renderer isn't that great).

We also request that you have basic knowledge of how World Machine imports into UE4. We can do the import and setup ourselves but again, it's something we'd prefer the contractor handle for a smoother overall process.

Please PM me if you're interested. This is a paid offer, within reasonable indie rates (I'm a professional contractor so I know what competitive rates look like).

Thanks!