Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Douglas Copeland

Ebonscale
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ebonscale polycounter lvl 5
So after lurking around here for a couple of years I decided to finally start my own Sketchbook. I just last week graduating with a BFA in Game Art and Design from the Art Institute, and while looking for a job have begun finding new projects that I can now devote the proper time to.

I focused on Prop and Environment modeling while I was in school, though having basics knowledge of many necessary game skills, I may also post animations or sketches.

Comments and Critiques are always welcome! I look forward to being an active part of the community from here on out!

Replies

• Ebonscale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ebonscale polycounter lvl 5
    EDIT: Sooo not sure what's going on or why, but the images don't seem to want to display thumbnails...they expand just fine, however.

So the first thing I will share is one of the side projects I was working on for Graduation. I have been a longtime Legend of Zelda fan and decided to take my own perspective on a hidden sanctuary for the Master Sword.

The Pipeline for this was 3DS Max, Substance Painter, and Unreal Engine, mainly.

While I still consider it a work in progress, it's the most developed scene I have so far. I focused most of my time getting the tone and feel of the environment right, and now I feel I can move on to better fine detail.

HighresScreenshot00090.jpg

HighresScreenshot00092.jpg