Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Adding a new mesh to an existing project file

Hello,

I was curious if there is a way to create a new material tab for a new mesh added to an existing project file. Here is an example:

Say i have 3 boxes and texturing them, now say i decide to add a cover for one of the boxes, i add the cover in 3ds max and re-export the grouped mesh. Once I re-import the mesh inside DDO, my mesh will show up but i do not get an option to assign a material to it. Is there a way to do this? or do I have to start the project all over again?

Also side note, while reading DDO's user guide, i realized there is an option to add UV overlay in the new project window, however this option does not exist for me, was this removed?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Replies

• Falkrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Falkrum polycounter lvl 2
    This is what i looking for too!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! There is currently no way of doing this in the current version, but we're actually adding that functionallity now, litterally right now as we speak. So it will be a part of the next release! Regarding the uv overlay I believe it was removed, maybe it should be brought back?
  • Sands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! There is currently no way of doing this in the current version, but we're actually adding that functionallity now, litterally right now as we speak. So it will be a part of the next release! Regarding the uv overlay I believe it was removed, maybe it should be brought back?

Thank you SO much for adding that feature in, i use quixel for concepting and planning color schemes often, it would be very nice to be able to add/remove meshes to an existing project!

As far as the UV layout thing goes, please add it back if possible. I paint masks by hand often and right now i have to import uv templates manually, turn them on and off by tracking them down in the layer list and have to remember to turn off it's visibility each time i go out of dynamask, in larger projects it's a huge time sink to do that as my layers build up. Without some UV guide i'm pretty much painting blind :(