Home Quixel Megascans

NDO freeze and crash (cannot disable anti-virus)

Ouch
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Ouch polycounter lvl 4
I'm working for large Company doing 3D asset creation, we've just convinced them to buy Quxiel suite and I started using it on our work computers. It appears our anti-virus is interfering with Quixel, but I cannot disable it or create an exception for Quixel, and IT is looking into doing it but are currently unsure if that is possible because of security issues. Is there any alternative solutions to this problem.

thanks again for your help.

-Ouch

UPDATE:
so problem still exists but I was able to isolate the exact steps that seem to cause the freeze/crash

if I am running NDO and with 3DO render window open, if I create a new sculpting layer and then toggle off sculpting mode. it will cause the program to either freeze or crash. if 3do is not open, then toggle on and of sculpt mode has no effect, and ndo appears to function properly. if I do not use the sculpt mode and ndo and 3do are open, it does not appear to cause any problems. I will keep poking about to see if I can trigger the bug another way.

UPDATE 2: so the IT guys say that they've been able to put Quixel in a folder that exempts it from McAfee but there is still some kind of socket connection problem so I'm still receiving the same bugs, the local guy looked at the logs and says McAfee is no longer interfering with Quixel but were getting another error.

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {99AEA70E-4D13-44BF-A878-33345CBFCBC8}. The error:

"740"

Happened while starting this command:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe /Automation -Embedding