Home General Discussion

Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed

Replies

• DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg wrote: »
    he's completely inept in terms of narrative ability and not to mention revisionist.

His re-creation of Yoshitaka's work in FF: Dyssidia were pretty cool tho.

<3 Amano.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    DireWolf wrote: »
    His re-creation of Yoshitaka's work in FF: Dyssidia were pretty cool tho.

<3 Amano.

Yep! And basically, if they keep the same art direction as they did in the trailer throughout the game, it'll be incredible.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    At least it's a positive that Cyberconnect2 is making this, so we know it will get finished
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    They're going to have to change a lot of this game to make it work on the bigger scale they showed off in the trailer. I also dont think they're going to bring back the active time battler system, since gamers tend to prefer something more action oriented now out of blockbuster games. I hope people are ready to give them some leeway in that, story and game mechanics wise, because its not going to be a faithful re-creation.

Nothing will stop the original from being a fantastic experience, hopefully this is a fun experience in its own right, and can be judged that way.
  • Needles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    If you dont like what they do to the remake dont buy it, plain and simple.

Im sure they will use ff15 as a template, open world, similar battle system. The last thing i expect is the game to load battle scenes and have random encounters. Though who knows what kind of beast they are making.

And i have no fear that the game will lose the charm it had with the new direction. Even advent children didn't take itself too seriously all the time.
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Needles wrote: »
    If you dont like what they do to the remake dont buy it, plain and simple.

Problem with this is we probably wont have another remake in 30 years. So you just have to sit and wait forever to see the game remade again and hope that the next time it is done properly. This game will be a financial success no matter what so the idea is you would want to see it as the remake you want.

Now this wouldn't be an issue if I trusted Tetsuya Nomura but I kind of believe he is one of the main driving forces in Final Fantasy's mediocrity.

Now. I trust Cyberconnect2 way more. I trust them more than Square.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I think what a lot of people need to realise is...

There is a reason people want FFVII to be remade, because as good as it was in a lot of aspects, it was equally bad in others. There are things that NEED overhauling. As long as they can keep the core experience the same, i'm happy if they want to renovate.