Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robo Anubis

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ThatOtherGuy polycounter lvl 4
So here is a character I worked on a little while back. These are not final renders at all and the pose isn't final. It's just something to show off my mediocre skills.

screenshot001_zpsouwjub24.png

screenshot004_zpsvzvlj2ie.png

screenshot002_zps001nf20i.png

screenshot003_zpsuhpgjc5x.png

Replies

• Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    its kinda cool but its blending in with the background too much.
  • supersnakelx
    Offline / Send Message
    supersnakelx polycounter lvl 7
    Seems like there might be some good work done on this but we cannot see anything. Even if it's not the final renders, we need better lighting and some closeup shots to criticize.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 11
    Very hard to see whats going on, I'd re-render with a different back and lighting. Get rid of the box, almost do a grey box skylight setup or something
  • ThatOtherGuy
    Offline / Send Message
    Huh, must be my monitor because it looks better on it. Anyways as requested here's some better renders for the sake of looking at.

screenshot000_zpsa4d5zx0w.jpg

screenshot001_zpsu8otx4tg.jpg

screenshot002_zpsbd2zage5.jpg

screenshot003_zpswprsx0ry.jpg

screenshot004_zpssr7dqydz.jpg

screenshot005_zpsmz93phuv.jpg

screenshot007_zps4xuusbjo.jpg

screenshot009_zpsu5mzisk7.jpg
  • supersnakelx
    Offline / Send Message
    supersnakelx polycounter lvl 7
    I'm liking the overall work. I guessing there'se gonna be some glow added to the eyes and the markings? Would be cool!
    One thing that bothers me though is the snout cause it's not looking like a dog right now. Try for a shape more like this.
    anubis_600_by_anubis600-d424r20.jpg
  • skyline5gtr
  • ThatOtherGuy
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm liking the overall work. I guessing there'se gonna be some glow added to the eyes and the markings? Would be cool!
    One thing that bothers me though is the snout cause it's not looking like a dog right now. Try for a shape more like this.
    anubis_600_by_anubis600-d424r20.jpg

The glow map can certainty be done. Shouldn't take that much time to make.

I understand the nose thing, now in hindsight that it is a little slim. But since he's completely done modifying that would be a bit difficult. Unless I use the zbrush move tool carefully.

All in all I personal like they way it went. I was going with some Egyptian vibe to it but I didn't want to go full on Stargate with it. I took more inspiration with the Iron Man armor than Stargate.

In the future when I get better I'm going to remake him and redesign him a bit.
  • .nL
    Offline / Send Message
    .nL polycounter lvl 3
    It's looking good, but I think the design could use a bit more contrast (the proposed glow map may make a difference). It'd also be nice to see some wireframe shots.

Also, I recommend switching image hosts to something like imgur. Photobucket's habit of making every embedded image a link turns scrolling on mobile into a nightmare.