Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Hunder - demo reel, summer 2015

So, I'll be graduating soon, and my current demo reel has been rendered out for class. That being said, there's definitely a LOT that can still be fixed later on.

I decided that after staring at this for so long, maybe I should post some of the images on Polycount and see what everyone else thinks of it. If there is any critique you can provide, I would greatly appreciate it.

IuUmdSE

Replies

• RemingtonC
    (Just in case the image link is broken: http://imgur.com/IuUmdSE )
  • skodone
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    hey

what first sticks to my eyes, is that the material definition of the scenery does not match with the character, the character looks a lot flatter and more stylized than the scenery.
    i also think that the scene could profit a lot by better lighting and more atmosphere

but i think you should greatly revisit the creatures textures.

what are you "beauty shots" did you already think of how to compose the character and the scene together to make it a stron gimage?
  • RemingtonC
    Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. The displacement map ended up really blurry, I'll have to re-export it.

As for the texture, I was originally instructed for the class to use Maya 2015's Xgen and plug flat colors into it, but the school's build is buggy and won't render. The "fur" was a last minute edit. Needless to say I'll be fixing that.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.