Home Technical Talk

3Do vs marmoset

HashBrownHamish
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
HashBrownHamish polycounter lvl 5
So i'm learning to use Quixel suite and i just finished a basic pan. I brought it into 3Do and it looks pretty good i think

3do:
djwZicc.png

but when i export it into marmoset in a sameish lighting setting it looks not so good.

Marmoset2:
k0EJTep.png

Now the thing is i tried using the exported maps from Ddo in 3do and same result, 3do looks much nicer.

So am i doing something wrong or is 3Do enhancing my model or is marmoset bringing to quality down

PS: 3Do is at half resolution in the first picture

Replies

• EarthQuake
    You'll have to be more specific about what it is you don't like about the Toolbag 2 shot vs the 3Do shot for anyone to help. To my eyes the TB2 shot looks better, the 3Do shot appears to have some weird fresnel going on, and it looks like a big part of the difference in the different lighting/ibl content.

Now, that's not to say that you're wrong, but just that what is subjectively better will vary depending on who you ask, so its helpful to state what exactly it is that you don't like.

I think there are TB2 profiles that you can set up in dDo to get a closer match, probably worth looking into.
  • HashBrownHamish
    Offline / Send Message
    HashBrownHamish polycounter lvl 5
    Sorry i try to be thorough with my questions but i always miss something xD

Basically i feel like the shot in marmoset is "muddy". In 3Do the materials are clearer and pins are more visible.
  • Eric Chadwick
    That's all because of your lighting. Learn how the lighting options work in each. Marmoset has great lighting controls.