Home Quixel Megascans

AWAITING CONFIRMATION: ID's being lost after transfering maps

armagon
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
armagon polycounter lvl 11
I'm using DDO Manager to assign materials to my models and, once finished, i'm exporting using Maya's Transfer Maps. However, when i import the color map, i have to manually assign the materials. What i could be doing wrong?

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi armagon!

There is a big chance you´re not doing anything wrong at all, we have recieved a few bug reports regarding this so it seems something is broken. Really sorry for this, we´re working on getting it fixed!

Has this problem started to occur recently for you?
  • armagon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's the first time i'm using the tool, actually. I used the trial few months ago, but didn't do anything with the material manager. Recently i finally bought a DDO license and started using it extensively and ended up having those problems.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really sorry, we´re looking in to it now! hopefully you can assign the materials after the project has been created as a temporarily solution?
  • armagon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can, but sometimes DDO misses some colors from color map. For example: i have added a smart material to the scene and tried to associate with yellow. None of the other smart materials were associated with a similar color, but this one gets a completely white mask. I also get the other way around: the mask is completely black.

But the thing is: this only happens from time to time. I was able to finish a project with the same color map, and now, i'm having this issue. If i create the project from scratch, it works, and sometimes, don't.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried to install the stability patch?
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150503
    it takes care of the issues you mention.

Also, always make sure your color ID is a flattened PNG without transparency and no Antialising!