Home Unity

Any decent mobile shaders for unity 5 that have good performance?

I have been using Core Framework shaders and they are very, very fast. A friend even had his game which only played on iphone 5 before, but was working way down to iphone 4 with core framework shaders. Thing is those shaders are not unity 5 compatible. So anyone knows of a few shaders that work well with unity 5. Just looking for your usual shaders, specular and otherwise, and nothing too fancy. But mobile performance is a must.

I know unity 5 still offers access to legacy shaders but core framework shaders were faster than those and I am looking for something similar for unity 5.

Thanks

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I read somewhere the default shaders are very fast, they're optimized for each build target, and they toss out anything not actually being used.
  • kreativ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the android sub forum at unity is full of complaints. Nearly all are using legacy shaders. Performance on mobile is bad. I m using an asset that required unity 5, otherwise I wouldnt bother with 5 at all. At least, no until the fix some majoe issues. check main thread under android forum. I thought if i can get a gret performing shader, at least that will help improve the fps rate