Home Dota 2

Big Ambitious Courier Project (commission)

Hi,

I'm a completely unknown content-creator for TF2 who is looking to try my hand at the Dota 2 market.

UPDATE: Having found a 3D modeler to cooperate with, I am now looking for an experienced animator with at least one completed project on the Steam workshop. If you're interested in meeting us, feel free to send me an IM; the remainder of the post is kept for posterity's sake.

The idea was simple: create a Dota 2 courier that is ambitious, desirable and creative. After a bit of brainstorming and art-making I came up with the following design. If it looks familiar you probably saw it in my much older introductory thread.

mhjpMV2.jpg
m6DsRzU.png

This character (who I will be naming and providing lore for myself; hard work, I know) was born from the realization that
  • There is no "sexy girl" courier, despite how easy that would be to market.
  • Most recent user-submitted couriers aren't designed with official Dota 2 lore in mind, which is kind of a shame.
  • A bar wench courier is so obvious I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Except for maybe Coco the Courageous.

But after several months trying my hand at basic model rendering, I came to realize I had no chance at making something passable (that isn't a hat) any time soon. That's where you come in.

With me as the 'idea guy,' I would like to offer anyone with at least one workshop creation the opportunity to help create this courier in exchange for
  1. 60% of the earnings if it's accepted into the game. (If we partner up with other people this may have to be adjusted.)
  2. Another addition to your workshop portfolio.
  3. Whatever amount of money we agree on.

Feel free to ask questions or criticize this idea, I'm open to both.

Replies