Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Soviet spaceship "Ruthless"

Hi all! Worked on a mobile project and made this Soviet spaceship. I'm new to texture painter can give any advice or provide explicit not explicit errors? :)
For a basis took the KV-2 and decided to paint as casually painted tanks, since the paint must be frequently updated.
5LPSvlsTPcU.jpgG8xKWbQH4Qg.jpg8a481cd83c9c55240d6ce770d5ea7f23.png
sci-fi-3ds-star-max-ship-substance-soviet-painter-photoshop-3d-1277770

Replies

• OFPismySOP
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    I like the overall silhouette of the ship but the paint seems a bit odd. What is the material you're trying to replicate in your model? As it stands right now, it looks like it's covered in a layer of plastic and the fin in the back seems to be made out of a completely different material than the rest of the ship.

Is a person supposed to be able to fit inside this ship? If so, the tally marks on the side appear too big to be simply scratched into the paint.

Speaking of paint, the colors seem to be very muted. Are you trying to achieve that look?

Are you going for a more hand painted look or are you trying to achieve a look that could exist in our word? In either case, the exhaust port scorching you have right now looks drawn on and not in a good way.

If you could upload the model onto Sketchfab it would really help people give you useful feedback since they would be able to see the entire model. If you could also include some reference pictures for what you're trying to emulate that would be very helpful too.

Overall it's a great model. It just needs some tweaking and peaking to really make it eye catching.
  • Primarx12
    OFPismySOP wrote: »
    I like the overall silhouette of the ship but the paint seems a bit odd. What is the material you're trying to replicate in your model? As it stands right now, it looks like it's covered in a layer of plastic and the fin in the back seems to be made out of a completely different material than the rest of the ship.

Is a person supposed to be able to fit inside this ship? If so, the tally marks on the side appear too big to be simply scratched into the paint.

Speaking of paint, the colors seem to be very muted. Are you trying to achieve that look?

Are you going for a more hand painted look or are you trying to achieve a look that could exist in our word? In either case, the exhaust port scorching you have right now looks drawn on and not in a good way.

If you could upload the model onto Sketchfab it would really help people give you useful feedback since they would be able to see the entire model. If you could also include some reference pictures for what you're trying to emulate that would be very helpful too.

Overall it's a great model. It just needs some tweaking and peaking to really make it eye catching.
    I wish that he would have been completely painted. negligence in the lines based on the fact that the tanks are mainly painted carelessly. The only thing I do not like it curves seams. Since Substance Painter still not entered a tool for drawing straight lines. references of which relied:
    KV-2_hangar.jpg
    kv-2-c02.jpg1378824744_IMAGE0001.jpg
  • Primarx12
    on Sketchfab will post later. Forgot to say that this is a Soviet spaceship drone.