Home Technical Talk

Simplygon LOD issue - where are the LOD meshes?

simplygon is an industry leading LOD and 3d asset optimization tool, that was suggested to me here by a fellow member.

so I looked through simplygon youtube video on how to use it with unity (short vid - [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyPVNGxGb8[/ame])

However, in unity, when i press create LODs, it creates the reduced version in the unity scene window and I can see the 3 extra models for example being there, but there's nothing in the project folder. The vid stated the new meshes will end up in a folder called LODs which will be created by simplygon when u press create LODs. The folder is created ut there are no models there unlike in the video. There is a pendingLODs folder inside it, but its empty. Nothing in the models folder either or anywhere else.

Tried google, tried simplygon team, who havent replied. Hoping someone here can help.

Replies

• jfitch
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    Hmm odd. I'm not sure why, but if they exist in the scene you can just drag them from the hierarchy into your project folders. From there you can create a LOD group if you want to on your own.

It would be nice to get it to work like it's supposed to...best advice I can give right now is to wait for the Simplygon guys to get back to you, or hopefully someone else can help!

I also wonder if it takes a while for it to be optimized, or if you need a premium account for it to actually save for you. idk.
  • kreativ
    simplygon guys are helping me on their forum so thats good news and will help us fix the bug if theres any.
  • Lassi
    Offline / Send Message
    Lassi null
    What format your model was? I had the same issue when i used .blend file. Then i tried .fbx and it worked.