Home Marmoset

Quixel to Marmoset 2 parity

Maybe someone here can help me figure this out. I'm building some textures in quixel and they look good in 3DO. I calibrate for Marmoset 2 and set everything up, the result is washed out, with the gloss being particularly off. The mask is too glossy, and the rocket launcher not glossy enough. I'm using metalness PBR. I set up as generic a lighting scheme as I could. It seems like it could be a combination of not having the same lighting scenario and the calibration on the metalness and gloss maps. Any ideas how to get these renders closer together?

3DO: xTzEier.jpg
Marmoset 2: A1sPleR.jpg

Thanks!!!

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Try changing your gloss map to be sRGB.
  • tadpole3159
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tadpole3159 polycounter lvl 12
    I think you might have the srgb button unticked in your texture slot in marmoset. Click on the options button next to the texture and see if the srgb button is ticked. You want it ticked for every texture other than your normal maps.

I think marmoset loads textures in linear space with a gamma of 1 with it unticked it reads the image without any conversions, with it ticked it applies a gamma of 2.2 to your texture that makes it look normal again.

Or I'm completely talking out of my arse and earthquakes gonna set me straight :p either way you can press the button and see what happens while we wait for the big guy to read your thread
  • ioster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies! I turned on sRGB for the gloss and got slightly better results, but its still dull, over bright, and under saturated. Metal stuff still looks either white or gray. I also tried getting the cross app mode to work, but it doesn't generate any files for me to load into m2. I've got a post up on a relevant thread about that issue. Thanks again!