Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Char art Improvement thread

Chantel-sky
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Chantel-sky polycounter lvl 3
Hey polycounters!

After a crazy busy semester at university, I'm ready to get back to improving on my character art.

Goal of this thread :

- Sculpt realistic faces
- Learn likeness
- Improve further with anatomy (female study for Marvelous designer)
- Learn Marvelous designer
- Learn substance painter
- learn low polygonal hair and how to texture it.

I realize I have a lot to learn and I most likely won’t learn it all before semester two starts up, But I will keep at it and continue to update here. Critique welcome, as always :)

To start things off, A male hand study as it was one of the things I struggled with when I did an anatomy study. Getting the thumb right proved to be difficult.

Chantelsky_handstudy_zpsrg47sjmc.png

Replies

• Chantel-sky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been awhile since I've updated due to going overseas and coming back to PC problems... I thought I'd get back into things by doing Peter Zoppi's gumroad tutorial "realistic eyes for games", any feedback is welcome :)!

Next I plan on finishing up my female base mesh.

Presentation2_zpswl01e6wp.png

Presentation_zpsjvboxtlx.png
  • Chantel-sky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally got around to watching The hobbit a few months back and decided to do Tauriel as a an attempt of a realistic face.

No fancy renders and didn't polish her hair as I moved on to learning Substance Painter and had a go at realistic hair.. which proved difficult than I expected so going to add that to my list of things I need to learn once I have finished uni this year :)

11728692_891529014274864_3045569730326527737_o_zpsky0fs1xo.jpg

Tauriel_side_zpsrfucchat.png