Home Marmoset

Substance painter to Marmoset

Im sorry if you saw this on the substance painter thread but someone told me i might get a better answer here sooo:

I want to render my model using marmoset toolbag, so i export my textures from Substance painter and i notice that on marmoset the area where the textures go have different names for them and i dont know where they should go.

Can someone tell me where would each of the textures go, i have: (texture files)

I HAVE
- Base color
- Height
- Metallic
- Normal
- Roughness

thank you in advance

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Base color goes in the albedo slot.
    Metallic goes in the metalic slot, but first you need to change the reflectivity model from specular to metalness.
    Normal goes in the normal map slot in surface.
    Roughness goes in the gloss map slot. If you're using roughness where white = most rough and black = most glossy, click the invert box.

Where you put your height map depends on what the content is meant for. If its a secondary bump map for file details, we do not support that function at this time, you will be better off converting that to a normal map and overlaying it with your base normal map or loading it in the secondary normal map slot in the detail normal surface model.

If its meant for parallax, change the normal map surface model to parallax and load it in the parallax slot.

If its meant for displacement, add a height input in the displacement module and load it there. Also be sure to add a tessellation method in the sub-division module.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    If i remember correctly, most substance tools "default" to UE4's material setup. We have a UE4 material preset in Toolbag2 which you can select. Substance materials use parallax when referring to "height" maps, so change the surface module from "normal map" to "parallax map", which will let you load normals and height.
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    You might also want to change your reflection mode from Blinn-Phong to GGX.

Also, 'height' might be your working format in Painter but it can export as your normal map — this is the typical workflow for realtime assets. You can create your own export profile in SB to export all the channels you need under the file names you desire, making it easy to load into TB2, so I'd recommend doing that.