Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Witcher 3 bust fanart

Replies

• Crappuccino
    I love it. Can't wait to see it textured (if you're planning on doing that).
  • 3py0n
    Offline / Send Message
    3py0n polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good. I like the style. Here are my suggestions. Note I'm not a character artist/modeler but I feel I do have an eye for detail :) Take it for what it's worth.

RTFTzfY.jpg

Hair is too symmetrical. Break it up. Oh yea, make his face asymetrical too. Doesn't need to be much. His nose points towards either side a little or the bridge is a little crocked, his eyebrows are in a different position, mouth/expression, etc. Right now the only thing that breaks the symmetry, are the scars and it feels too..placid.

His head shape (which includes beard) is too straight I feel. So I think having his jaw bones come in a little on the sides would be nice. You still want to keep him looking tough and not scrawny. Right now he looks like he's chubby, which he isn't.

Pauldrons/shoulder pads are too boring (shape wise) It's a boring silhouette.

The bottom of the bust I feel is pretty boring too. Doesn't give Geralt's stature enough "oomph" so I think having it come in closer would make him look tougher, etc/bigger.

But yea that's just what I gathered from playing all the Witcher games so far :P Up to you what you wanna do with the feedback :)

But looking sweet. Can't wait to see it textured. You hand painting it stylized? Or is it stylized PBR?
  • Tony Green
    Offline / Send Message
    Tony Green polycounter lvl 6
    3py0n wrote: »
    Looking good. I like the style. Here are my suggestions. Note I'm not a character artist/modeler but I feel I do have an eye for detail :) Take it for what it's worth.

RTFTzfY.jpg

Hair is too symmetrical. Break it up. Oh yea, make his face asymetrical too. Doesn't need to be much. His nose points towards either side a little or the bridge is a little crocked, his eyebrows are in a different position, mouth/expression, etc. Right now the only thing that breaks the symmetry, are the scars and it feels too..placid.

His head shape (which includes beard) is too straight I feel. So I think having his jaw bones come in a little on the sides would be nice. You still want to keep him looking tough and not scrawny. Right now he looks like he's chubby, which he isn't.

Pauldrons/shoulder pads are too boring (shape wise) It's a boring silhouette.

The bottom of the bust I feel is pretty boring too. Doesn't give Geralt's stature enough "oomph" so I think having it come in closer would make him look tougher, etc/bigger.

But yea that's just what I gathered from playing all the Witcher games so far :P Up to you what you wanna do with the feedback :)

But looking sweet. Can't wait to see it textured. You hand painting it stylized? Or is it stylized PBR?
    Thank you very much. I'm thinking of it.