Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tileable Material Critique

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
arusso1351 polycounter lvl 4
Hello,

So I'm starting to make a library of tileable materials and would like some critiques. I also want them to be dynamic as well. I'm open to suggestions as to what materials you all would like to see along with what type of dynamic properties/parameters come with them.

Cheers and thanks

Replies

• dystopianghost
    Offline / Send Message
    dystopianghost polycounter lvl 11
    arusso1351 wrote: »
    Hello,

So I'm starting to make a library of tileable materials and would like some critiques. I also want them to be dynamic as well. I'm open to suggestions as to what materials you all would like to see along with what type of dynamic properties/parameters come with them.

Cheers and thanks

Hey Arusso

A few things quick things, its not looking bad I would just remember to always make sure you have large, medium and small detail in your textures/mats. I can see that the larger detail on the brick seems very muddy. It could just be the screen shot I am not sure, also are you using a normal and a detail normal or just the normal map. As far as tiling goes it looks fine you see a small repeat here and there but the tiling looks fine.I think overall you are headed in the right direction.
  • loggie24
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    The biggest issue i see with the texture is the blending between the stones and the mud in between, it really stands out in a bad way. As ghost stated your normal map is maybe a bit weak in terms of overall detail as it looks kind of smooth, especially your stone pieces.